Sonic Pro Stockingfoot Wader Features
- 100% nylon, 5 and 3-layer, DWR coated wader fabric
- 5-layer fabric on lower leg and seat for added durability
- High-tech Ultra Sonic Welded construction (no sew) and double taped seams throughout
- Ergonomic hand warmer pockets lined with brushed micro-fleece
- Laser cut exterior pockets with YKK water resistant zippers
- 2" stretch wading belt with Redington buckle
- Gravel guards with custom molded lace hook
- Hemostat clamp d-ring
- High density, ergonomically shaped neoprene booties
- Articulated seams for Increased mobility
- Redesigned. refined fit
- Mesh carry bag
Great quality! Great Price!
Posted by James Rogers on Apr 27th 2016
After searching several other sites and local dealers, I stumbled across the Redington Sonic Pros on AvidMax. Unlike the Orvis Silver Sonic Waders, the medium/short Redingtons have a size 8-10 bootie. This made them the perfect fit for me. Plus they are much more affordable than most Patagonia and Simms waders.
First impression... The Sonic Pros fabric feels very tough with reinforced knees and butt. The seams are also diagonally welded, not stitched. This will drastically increase the longevity of the waders. My last two pairs of WhiteRiver waders had horizontal stitched seams which lasted all of a year. The pockets seem to be well placed but the bungee drawcord on the top of the waders is awkwardly placed on the left side of the chest. I noticed it was rubbing into my pec. Could be a problem down the road. The boot clips are also made of plastic vs brass in other models. Hopefully this does not snap overtime as well.
All in all, I am happy with the fit and feel of the waders. The fabric feels tough and should hold well when trudging through brush or sliding down embankments. Only time will tell. Ill keep you guys posted.
Great, needs some refinement
Posted by R. Andrew Springer on Feb 14th 2016
I have a pair of the original version of these. They are comfortable and functional. I have used them for 2 seasons and they barely show it other than the typical staining from mucky river bottoms. They are the most breathable waders I've ever worn! And I sweat a lot! The chest area is a little thick, they could use some thinner fabrics on the inside sections. Also, the two hand warmer pockets are NOT waterproof. So don't keep any items you need dry in them.
Overall these are incredibly good waders and with the newest version I bet they are even better!