- Use your favorite loop knot to tie the fly to the tippet
- To prevent line twists, and to ensure proper fly action, we strongly recommend fishing lipped flies with a small (#10) barrel swivel between the tippet and the rest of the leader.
- Lipped flies have plenty of action. Slower retrieves sometimes work better. Experiment
- You can vary the amount of action a fly has by trimming the FlyLipp or tying a fuller/longer tie. Decrease action by trimming the FlyLipp with nail clippers. Try to trim the FlyLipp as symmetrical as possible.
- Many species of fish seem to hit topwater flies just below the surface. After a few quick “pops,” allow the fly to sink and strip a few times swimming the fly just below the surface.
- Since Lipped flies tied ascending style rise more quickly than other flies, they are less likely to get hung on structure or debris near the bottom
- Experiment with floating, intermediate, and sinking lines. For example, topwater flies on an intermediate sinking line can cover the water column more efficiently
- When fishing subsurface patterns using a quick retrieve, decrease the size of the Lipp. This will enable the fly to maintain a subtle fluttering of the “tail” during rapid retrieves.
WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov
Q: What is your return policy?
A: Returns or exchanges can be made up to 30 days after the purchase date. We will take the item back as long as it is new, with all the tags and original packaging (if applicable). Click here to see all the details.
Q: When will my order ship?
A: Most items ship on the same day if placed by 3:30 pm MT Monday-Friday.Click here for more shipping info.
Q: How quickly will I receive my order?
A: We always strive to deliver as fast as we can. With that said, it depends on your location, the item(s) purchased, and the selected shipping method. If you choose our Free Standard Shipping you can expect a window of 3-8 business days. If you choose a paid expedited shipping method, refer to our shipping page for a better estimate.
Q: How do I get AvidMax Reward points for items I purchase?
A: All you have to do is sign up for an account and for each purchase you make you will receive 5% back in AvidMax Reward points. Easy! Create an account today!
If you have a question that we did not answer here, please shoot us an email or chat.