Orvis Mirage USA Fly Reel
A technologically superior reel conceived and designed from the ground up and built in New England by American craftsmen to battle angry fish and laugh in the face of corrosive saltwater environments. The Mirage features a sealed and maintenance-free carbon and stainless steel disc drag system with an aggressive knurled drag knob that goes from zero to full drag in a single drag knob rotation. Patent-pending ball and ramp drag mechanism provides a smooth turning drag that follows a non-linear curve as the drag knob is turned to give smoother adjustments in the fishing and fish-fighting range. The reel is a super large arbor for increased retrieve rates and reduction in line coil. Machined in the USA from strong, yet lightweight 6061 T6 aluminum barstock. Ergonomically designed machined aluminum handle. Quick release spool easily converts from left to right-hand retrieve. Military-spec type III hard coat anodizing. Titanium shaft adds strength without additional weight. Fully radiused reel foot prevents kinked leaders. Low-profile counterweight won't catch fingers or fly lines. In pewter, midnight black.Features Include:
- Mirage II for line weights 3-5; 5.6 oz, 3½" in diameter.
- Mirage III for line weights 5-7; 6.2 oz, 3?" in diameter.
- Mirage IV for line weights 7-9; 8.9 oz, 4¼" in diameter.
- Mirage V for line weights 9-11; 9.7 oz, 4½" in diameter.
- Mirage VI for line weights 11-13; 12.9 oz, 5" in diameter.
- Mirage VI-Deep for line weights 13-15; 13 oz, 5" in diameter.
- The size VI Mirage is available in two spool choices. Pick the high-capacity deep spool for blue water species or the standard shallow spool for the highest amount of line pick up for the serious tarpon angler.
Q: What is your return policy?
A: Returns or exchanges can be made up to 30 days after the purchase date. We will take the item back as long as it is new, with all the tags and original packaging (if applicable). Click here to see all the details.
Q: When will my order ship?
A: Most items ship on the same day if placed by 3:30 pm MT Monday-Friday.Click here for more shipping info.
Q: How quickly will I receive my order?
A: We always strive to deliver as fast as we can. With that said, it depends on your location, the item(s) purchased, and the selected shipping method. If you choose our Free Standard Shipping you can expect a window of 3-8 business days. If you choose a paid expedited shipping method, refer to our shipping page for a better estimate.
Q: How do I get AvidMax Reward points for items I purchase?
A: All you have to do is sign up for an account and for each purchase you make you will receive 5% back in AvidMax Reward points. Easy! Create an account today!
If you have a question that we did not answer here, please shoot us an email or chat.