As we worked with the legendary boot builders at Danner to create our new Foot Tractor Wading Boots, we applied the same innovation, craftsmanship and quality to a lighter-weight cousin. Sharing many of the same performance attributes as the Foot Tractors but geared toward wet wading, flats fishing and the backcountry, the new River Salt Wading Boots are built for the long haul—whether it’s the steep scramble to alpine-lake nirvana, wet wading in summer streams or stalking tailing bones across flats that stretch to the horizon. The uppers combine waterproof, full-grain leather with tough-yet-light 1,000-denier nylon panels, providing the protection you need from river rock and coral heads; adjustable speed lacing provides a customized fit across the forefoot and through the ankle for support on uneven surfaces. On the interior, a molded bi-fit board combines the shank, midsole and lasting board into a single piece that reduces weight without sacrificing comfort or durability. Securing the uppers to the soles, handcrafted, stitch-down construction creates a wide, stable platform and allows the boots to be easily resoled for lifetime performance that’s measured in decades. The Vibram® Megagrip sole compound was specifically developed for traction on both wet and dry surfaces, stands up to miles of dirt-road walk-ins and sharp coral flats, and works just as well for everyday fishing at the home pool; the soles also accept studs for additional traction. Made by hand (from imported parts) in Portland, Oregon, our Danner boots are the best wading boots we’ve ever made—and we believe they’re the last ones you’ll ever need to buy.
- Waterproof full-grain leather treated with a PFC-free saline solution tanning process for improved resistance to breakdown, even in salt water; the leather can be reconditioned as necessary. Tough 1,000-denier nylon paneling provides excellent abrasion resistance
- Adjustable speed lacing system; a quick pull gives a precise and secure fit over the forefoot and through the ankle
- Perforated drains on both sides of boot upper clear water quickly; for faster dry times, upper design is free from unnecessary foams and backers
- Molded bi-fit board combines the shank, lasting board and midsole into a single piece that reduces weight without sacrificing comfort and support
- Stitch-down construction creates a wider platform for more stability, helps protect the boot sidewall and allows the boots to be resoled by Danner
- Vibram® Megagrip sole compound specially developed for grip on both wet and dry surfaces while maintaining a higher level of durability
Q: What is your return policy?
A: Returns or exchanges can be made up to 30 days after the purchase date. We will take the item back as long as it is new, with all the tags and original packaging (if applicable). Click here to see all the details.
Q: When will my order ship?
A: Most items ship on the same day if placed by 3:30 pm MT Monday-Friday.Click here for more shipping info.
Q: How quickly will I receive my order?
A: We always strive to deliver as fast as we can. With that said, it depends on your location, the item(s) purchased, and the selected shipping method. If you choose our Free Standard Shipping you can expect a window of 3-8 business days. If you choose a paid expedited shipping method, refer to our shipping page for a better estimate.
Q: How do I get AvidMax Reward points for items I purchase?
A: All you have to do is sign up for an account and for each purchase you make you will receive 5% back in AvidMax Reward points. Easy! Create an account today!
If you have a question that we did not answer here, please shoot us an email or chat.