What Personal Information About Customers Do We Collect?
The information we learn from customers helps us personalize and continually improve your experience. Here are the types of information we gather.
- Information You Give Us: We receive and store most information you enter on our Web site or give us in any other way. However, we do not store payment information. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then access to some of our features could be limited. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customizing future shopping for you, improving our stores, and communicating with you.
- Automatic Information: We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many Web sites, we use "cookies," and we obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses our Web site.
- Mobile: We may receive information about your location and your mobile device, including a unique identifier for your device. We may use this information to provide you with location-based services, such as advertising, search results, and other personalized content. Most mobile devices allow you to turn off location services.
- E-mail Communications: To help us make e-mails more useful and interesting, we often receive a confirmation when you open e-mail from us if your computer supports such capabilities. If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please let us know.
What About Cookies?
- Cookies are unique identifiers that we transfer to your device to enable our systems to recognize your device and to provide additional features such as storage of items in your Shopping Cart between visits.
Does AvidMax Share the Information It Receives?
Information about our customers is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling it to others. We share customer information only as described below.
- Third-Party Service Providers: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), processing credit card payments, and providing customer service. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
- Business Transfers: As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy stores, subsidiaries, or business units. In such transactions, customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets but remains subject to the promises made in any pre-existing Privacy Notice (unless, of course, the customer consents otherwise). Also, in the event that AvidMax or substantially all of its assets are acquired, customer information will, of course, be one of the transferred assets.
- Protection of AvidMax and Others: We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law; enforce or apply other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of AvidMax, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction. Obviously, however, this does not include selling, renting, sharing, or otherwise disclosing personally identifiable information from customers for commercial purposes in violation of the commitments set forth in this Privacy Notice.
- With Your Consent: Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
How Secure Is My Information?
- We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
- We reveal only the last four digits of your credit card numbers when confirming an order. Of course, we transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during order processing.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
Which Information Can I Access?
We give you access to a broad range of information about your account and your interactions with us for the limited purpose of viewing and, in certain cases, updating that information.
Conditions of Use, Notices, and Revisions
If you choose to visit AvidMax.com or AvidMaxOutfitters.com, your visit and any dispute over privacy is subject to this Notice, including limitations on damages, resolution of disputes, and application of the law of the state of Colorado. If you have any concern about privacy at AvidMax, please contact us. Our business changes constantly, and our Privacy Notice will change also. You should check our Web site frequently to see recent changes. Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy Notice applies to all information that we have about you and your account. We stand behind the promises we make, however, and will never materially change our policies and practices to make them less protective of customer information collected in the past without the consent of affected customers.